Free stock picks in the Free Stock Portfolio is designed for anyone who is learning to invest in stocks. It starts each year with $10,000 in capital and it is designed to help stock market beginners learn how to invest and trade without risking substantial capital. Access to this free stock portfolio is available to anyone and we hope you take advantage of the opportunity to learn how to invest and trade, as well as make some money.
The Free Stock Portfolio does not follow every trade that is executed in the Premium Members Capable Companies Portfolio. The primary goal of this portfolio to help new investors to learn some of the basics. As such it does not short the market nor take advantage of the options to hedge positions. Further, any trades that duplicate what the Premium Members receive are posted two days after Premium members receive their notice of a trade. Remember, not every trade on the Premium Members pages is duplicated on the Free Stock Portfolio.
Only Premium Members receive:
- Email notification of trades;
- Individual questions answered personally by Hans;
- Access to the Stock Watch list;
- Short as well as long recommendations that fit the specific market situation;
- Use of options to enhance the overall return and provide a hedge against sudden surprises;
- Use of the Strong Sectors and Capable Companies Portfolios;
- The Weekly Commentary, an extensive news letter on the economy and the stock market;
- Periodic Market Messages that focus on important stock market action or news; and
- Access to the Semi-Automatic Trading Systems for such sectors as Energy.
Moreover, Premium Members are encouraged to ask questions that are answered personally. After all, one of our goals is to help you learn to be a better investor. And finally, we donate 10% of our revenues to selected educational organizations that seek to help the world’s disadvantaged overcome poverty.
Before spending money to buy stocks, it is a good idea to learn stock investing basics. To begin, I suggest you take some time to Learn to Invest by reading the articles in the Learning Center that explain what is the stock market, how to buy stocks, how to evaluate companies and some investing rules to follow. You might want to explore the Investing Library, as it lists some of the best books for investors. The Investing Sites page describes the best and most useful investing research sites that are available.
Free Monthly Newsletter
If you are interested in a free monthly newsletter on the market trends, please send an email to email@example.com with your email address stating you wish to receive the Free Monthly Newsletter and you will be added to the list.
Stock Market Trends
We remain in a bear market and recently tested the lows of 2002 – 2003. For February, we forming a basing pattern that could break up of once again test the lows of 2002 – 2003. If we get a pull back, it will represent an opportunity to buy quality companies at good value. I will look to add to positions on these dips.
On the other hand, if we get a break up through resistance, the 50-day moving average is an important one, we are likely to see a rally that could last for a month.
We remain in a bear market and it is best to protect your positions. We could fall further, if the support at current lows does not hold. The economy continues to weaken as the credit losses in the banks is now expected to reach $2 trillion, home prices continue to fall and economic growth contracts.
Not every trade made for the Premium Portfolio is replicated here. In addition those trades made here are posted two days after they are made in the Premium Portfolio.
Free Stock Portfolio
The selections in the Free Stock Portfolio are for demonstration purposes only and should not be considered as recommendations. Please consult your financial advisor before committing your capital.
Practice Makes Perfect
Once you have developed your investing or trading strategy and your trading discipline you are ready to practice investing or trading. Often called paper trading this gives you an opportunity to practice what you have learned. We highly recommend you practice and test out your strategies before committing your hard earned capital.
To facilitate your practice below are three trading simulation sites that are easy to use. Give them a try.
These two are free: Virtual Stock Exchange – HOME and Investopedia Simulator
This one charges a small, one time fee: Stock-Trak :: Portfolio Simulations
Try the free four week subscription to our Premium Members pages and receive:
- Access to Premium Stock Portfolio.
- Access to Premium Sector Portfolio using Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
- Notices of potential trades usually the day before the expected trade date.
- Trade Notices via email and on the site with the rationale for the trade, first target and trailing stop.
- Stock Watch List that includes Fundamental and Technical Analysis along with Trade Management.
- Weekly Newsletter that includes analysis of the economy, interest rates, market trends, and sector analysis.
- Broader selection of investment opportunities for Bull and Bear Markets.
- Personal service including answers to questions that you may have about investing. We really want to help you become a better investor and achieve your financial goals.
At the end of the four week trial if you decide to continue you may continue with either a quarterly or annual subscription. If you decide to cancel before the end of the trial, no problem. You will not be charged a thing.
Give the Premium Membership a try. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. While we cannot guarantee you will make money, we have beat the market every year since our inception. In fact, our Strong Sector Portfolio which started January 2008 is up 1.4% so far in 2009, in a bear market when the DJIA is down 14.2%. Our stock portfolio is doing even better.
The benefits of our approach are:
- The site is suitable for people who cannot or do not want to watch the market every day. We are not day traders.
- You see every trade in our demonstration portfolios, win or lose, not just some of the trades like other sites. Every trade is documented with the date, the price (set to the high of the day to help cover slippage and commissions), the target exit price and the initial stop. Premium members get to see the rational for the trade.
- Premium members receive email notification of any trade, stop adjustment or other key event information. All trades are posted on the site as they take place.
- We have investment ideas for bull and bear markets, meaning we don’t just go long all the time.
- We try to teach you how to invest successfully, not just follow someone’s recommendations.
- We blend the strengths of fundamental and technical methods to successfully beat the market.
- Personal service. You are very important to us and we will do whatever we can to make your experience the best possible.
If you benefited from this site we encourage you to donate some of your proceeds to a charity of your choice to help make the world a better place.
We donate 10% of the revenue generated from this site to charities that help break the poverty in the world. If you would like to contribute to these charities, your donations are welcome. Anything you donate will be attributed to you and you will receive notification from us that the contribution has been made. We use PayPal® to offer a secure transaction, where we do not see any of your private information. After all it belongs you. By the way PayPal® charges a small transaction fee on all donations.
Thank you for your support and for helping make a difference in the world.
The content in Trading Online Markets is for educational and informational purposes only. There is no offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security and no information contained here should be interpreted or construed as investment advice. Do you own due diligence as the information is the opinion of Trading Online Markets and subject to change without notice. Please be advised to consult your investment advisor, attorney or tax professional before making any investment decisions. Trading Online Markets will not accept any responsibility or be liable for any investment decisions based on the information discussed here.